Peachtree Hotel Group, a real estate private equity investment manager, revealed that its total investment activity for 2021, inclusive of acquisitions, developments, lending and hotel investments, amounted to a record of $2.0 billion in total capitalization through 140 transactions.
“We are extremely pleased to have completed an extraordinary year of investment activity,” said Greg Friedman, CEO, Peachtree. “Our strategy of investing up and down the capital stack and opportunistically pivoting as markets shift allows us to capitalize on investments during any business cycle. 2021 exemplified our ability, and we expect that 2022 should be another strong year on the investment side.”
As of year-end 2021, Peachtree acquired nine hotels for approximately $300 million and brought the company’s portfolio of owned and managed hotels to 76, totaling 9,351 rooms nationwide. Notable hotel acquisitions completed:
- 233-room AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Aventura in Aventura, FL
- 207-room Aloft Miami Aventura in Aventura, FL (shown above)
- 192-room Embassy Suites by Hilton in Kennesaw, GA
- 143-room Aloft Nashville Franklin in Franklin, TN
- 140-room Cambria Hotel Rockville in Rockville, MD
- 120-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis in Annapolis, MD
- 106-room Hilton Garden Inn Granbury in Granbury, TX
- 81-room Hampton Inn in Paso Robles, CA
- 60-room La Bellasera Hotel & Suites in Paso Robles, CA
Stonehill, a commercial real estate direct lender and an affiliate of Peachtree, originated loans and acquired senior notes, primarily backed by lodging assets, totaling approximately $1.6 billion in market capitalization. The company deployed $770 million across 23 originated loans, which included construction, bridge and preferred equity investments. Stonehill, through its affiliate Stonehill PACE, completed 17 commercial property assessed clean energy financings with a total capitalization of $276 million, making it one of the leading balance sheet CPACE lenders in the U.S.
Stonehill also purchased 90 senior notes with a total capitalization of approximately $600 million.