Sonesta International Hotels Corporation has added 88 hotels to its global portfolio of destinations, adding to the company’s recent expansion which has seen a 350% increase in hotels over the last six months. A total of 78 hotels have been reflagged to Sonesta. The remaining 10 hotels will transition to Sonesta before the end of March.
The additional 88 hotels fall under five of the Sonesta brands as follows:
- One Royal Sonesta, a full-service hotel and resort
- Two Sonesta Hotels & Resorts, full-service destinations
- 32 Sonesta ES Suites, all-suites extended-stay hotels
- Four Sonesta Simply Suites, recently launched all-suites extended-stay hotels
- 49 Sonesta Select, upscale focused-service hotels, marking one of the largest hospitality-brand launches in the U.S.
As a result of this expansion, Sonesta will be introduced for the first time to the following key destinations:
- Kaua’i, HI: Royal Sonesta Kaua`i Resort
- Charleston, SC: Sonesta Select Charleston Airport and Sonesta ES Suites Charleston
- Boca Raton, FL: Sonesta Select Boca Raton
This latest expansion also extends Sonesta’s presence in a number of U.S. cities, including Atlanta (13); Boston (12); Chicago (14); Dallas-Fort Worth (12); Kansas City, MO (3); Nashville, TN (3); Scottsdale, AZ (4); and the San Francisco Bay Area (10).
“Over the last six months, we have nearly quadrupled our presence in North America, added over 200 hotels to our national portfolio and launched two new hotel brands, Sonesta Simply Suites and Sonesta Select,” said Carlos Flores, president/CEO, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation. “This allows us to provide a greater variety of service offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of today’s travelers. We are immensely proud of our recent growth and plan to leverage our newly acquired scale for the benefit of Sonesta’s guests, employees and hotel owners.”