Sonesta International Hotels Corporation continues to grow its Red Lion brands with seven new Americas Best Value Inn hotels, two new Canadas Best Value Inn hotels, one new Signature Inn, two new Red Lion Inn & Suites and one new Knights Inn opened during the first six months of 2022. The new hotels add nearly 700 new guestrooms to the company’s portfolio.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has rekindled interest in exterior corridor hotels and drive-up style rooms for automobile travelers,” said Brian Quinn, chief development officer, Sonesta. “As a result, we are experiencing high demand for our Red Lion select-service brands, which fill a distinct need in secondary and tertiary markets. We have been seeing growing interest from developers for these brands as they provide compelling opportunities for owners, as well as a unique stay option for consumers. We are excited to expand the footprint of Signature Inn and Red Lion Inn & Suites on the West Coast with these 13 hotel openings.”
New hotels to the Americas Best Value Inns and Canadas Best Value Inns brands include:
- Americas Best Value Inn, Ocean Shores, WA: Ocean Shores is known for its long, sandy beaches which are accessible to automobiles. This 41-room, exterior-corridor property was previously operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Salmon, ID: Salmon holds a unique place in history being part of the route Lewis and Clark took on their expedition west. The area is still the gateway to the River of No Return Wilderness Area, the largest designated wilderness area in the lower-48 U.S. This hotel has 42 rooms and an exterior corridor; it was operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Lockhart, TX: This property features 50 guestrooms and exterior corridors. Lockhart is known as the Barbeque Capital of Texas and is home to the oldest operating public library in Texas.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Hardeeville, SC: Featuring 61 guestrooms, this new exterior corridor Americas Best Value Inn is located minutes from some of the best resorts and beaches in the country and from some of the most historic and scenic cities in the world.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Cameron Park, CA: Cameron Park is primarily known for its Airpark Estates. Many Cameron Park residents have privately-owned planes which, combined with Cameron Park’s wide-open roads, allow people to commute to work in their airplanes. This interior-corridor property has 58 guestrooms.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Sandpoint, ID: Sandpoint lies on the shores of Idaho’s largest lake, the 43-mile-long Lake Pend Oreille, and is home to Idaho’s largest ski resort. This 62-room, interior-corridor hotel was operating unbranded.
- Americas Best Value Inn, Beaver, UT: Beaver is best known for its high quality, exceptional tasting rural water. In 2021, Beaver took top honors in the world for best tasting water. This 52-room, interior corridor property was operating unbranded.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Fort St. John, British Columbia: Guests can enjoy many trails and hikes when visiting the new 40-room, exterior-corridor property. During the winter, guests can try to catch a glimpse of the “Aurora Borealis,” also known as the Northern Lights.
- Canadas Best Value Inn, Cold Lake, Alberta: This new 40-room, exterior-corridor property in Cold Lake, Alberta is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts. Cold Lake is a three-hour drive northeast of Edmonton and near the border of Saskatchewan.
New hotels for the Red Lion Inn & Suites brand include:
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, La Pine, OR: This new property has 25 rooms. La Pine is the largest community by land mass in the state of Oregon (35 square miles) and has the highest elevation of any community within the Central Oregon Region.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites, Yakima, WA: This hotel features 53 guestrooms. Yakima is a great destination to discover craft breweries and for outdoor recreation, including water and snow skiing, fishing, boating, hiking, horseback riding and white-water rafting.
The Signature Inn brand has added the Signature Inn, Oakland/Berkeley, CA: This new property features 26 guestrooms. Berkeley is known for its creativity with museums, art galleries and murals lining the streets. The city is filled with natural beauty, from the Bay waterfront to the regional parks and the Oakland Zoo.
The Knights Inn brand added Knights Inn, College Station, TX: This new 110-room property is located near Texas A&M University and is near art galleries and museums.