Tim Rumney has become the CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB after serving as interim CEO since August, while more positions have been filled internationally.
Tim Rumney appointed CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB
Tim Rumney has been appointed full-time CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB, which incorporates Best Western Great Britain and WorldHotels Great Britain. He served as interim CEO since August.
Having served as chairman of the BWH Hotel Group board of directors for four years and director since 2009, he has led the organization during a significant period of expansion and change, according to the company.
He has operated three hotels in Best Western brands over more than 20 years, including The Castle Green Hotel in Kendal and The Best Western Plus Pinewood Hotel on Wilmslow. He has more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality industry including holding senior positions with Forte Hotels in London and the provinces.
He replaces outgoing CEO Rob Paterson, who had been in the post since 2017, and began his tenure representing BWH Hotel Group Great Britain at the BWH Hotel Group International meeting this month.
BC Hotel Association reveals 2021 board of directors
The British Columbia Hotel Association (BCHA) has introduced its new board of directors, following the organization’s recent virtual AGM. The 2021 BCHA board of directors will provide strategic leadership vision and commitment to the sector, working towards industry resilience and recovery following the COVID-19 pandemic, workforce shortages and wildfire and flooding crises, the association reports.
The 2021 BCHA board welcomes three new board directors and comprises a team of industry leaders from diverse regions across the province. They are:
- Bryan Pilbeam, Delta by Marriott Hotels, Kamloops
- Brian Rohl, Coast Hotels Limited, Vancouver
- Chris Watson, Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza, Victoria
- David MacKenzie, Pemberton Valley Lodge, Pemberton
- David McQuinn, Coast Bastion Hotel, Nanaimo
- Doug Andrews, The Listel Hotel, Whistler
- Eleanor Ryan, Pomeroy Inn & Suites and Stonebridge Hotel Fort St. John, Fort St. John
- Jessica Dolan, Ramada Penticton, Penticton (new board director)
- John Kearns, Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, Surrey
- Jonas Melin, Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, Vancouver
- Leo Saad, Best Western Plus Chateau, Fort St. John (new board director)
- Ravinder Dhaliwal, Mundi Hotel Enterprises Inc., Kamloops
- Scott Johnson, Holiday Inn Express Metrotown, Burnaby
- Stephen Roughley, Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour, Victoria
- Stewart Instance, Best Western Tin Wis Resort, Tofino
- Tanya Stroinig, Prestige Hotels & Resorts, Kelowna (new board director)
- Vivek Sharma, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, Fairmont Hot Springs
The BCHA board of directors has appointed new officers, including McQuinn, who will serve as vice chair; Dhaliwal, who will serve as treasurer; along with MacKenzie, Sharma and Roughley, who will each serve as executive directors. Kearns will remain as past chair and governance chair.
GHM promotes Koh
General Hotel Management Ltd. (GHM) has appointed Clement Koh to be the group’s inaugural EVP for sales and marketing.
In this newly created role, he will continue to oversee GHM’s strategic expansion of its collection of stylish luxury properties, as well as brand development campaigns and new commercial initiatives to support the company’s rapid growth momentum.
A veteran commercial and branding professional, Koh offers a wealth of expertise acquired over three decades of luxury hospitality management, including senior leadership positions at Mandarin Oriental Group in Hong Kong and Minor International in Thailand. He previously served as GHM’s VP, sales of marketing and presided over corporate strategic, branding and communications efforts. In 2013, Koh assumed additional responsibilities in shaping the group’s business development strategy as SVP. He also played a key role in enhancing the content curation capabilities and best practices for GHM’s hotels and resorts.