NEWPORT BEACH, CA—Preferred Hotels & Resorts will add 15 new hotels to its global portfolio throughout 2021.
“The innate human desire to connect, share experiences and travel will be stronger than ever in the new year, and we are thrilled to announce these new openings that serve as beacons of hope and inspiration for hoteliers and travelers alike,” said CEO Lindsey Ueberroth. “The resilience of all hotels globally this past year has been truly remarkable, and we are invigorated by the promise of these new openings that signal a new year of new beginnings for the travel industry and encourage everyone to continue to Believe in Travel.”
Highlights of the openings within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio:
- The Wall Street Hotel (New York)—launching Spring 2021
Located along lower Manhattan’s famed Wall St. and housed in the historic Tontine Building that originated as a coffee house in 1874, The Wall Street Hotel offers 180 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy international cuisine in the JF Restaurant, led by Michelin-starred Chef John Fraser, or relax in the all-day lounge and bar. The hotel brings a special sense of community to Wall St. with its ample event spaces ranging from an intimate screening lounge to a vast ballroom and Top Floor bar, and an outdoor terrace with views of the East River. The hotel 0ffers complimentary use of Electric Scooters and Vélosophy Original Comfort Bikes, in addition to an array of in-room spa treatments from Zeel Spa.
- Pendry Chicago (Chicago)—launching Spring 2021
Part of the sister brand to Montage Hotels & Resorts and one of four new Pendry properties that will open its doors as members of the Preferred portfolio in 2021, Pendry Chicago is set in the Loop area as a creative rebirth of the Burnham Brother’s iconic art deco landmark famed for its champagne bottle design. The hotel has 364 guestrooms and suites and a signature restaurant and bar overseen by hospitality and nightlife pioneer Andy Masi. Additional features include a lobby bar and lounge, rooftop pool deck with city views, 12,000 sq. ft. of meetings and event space, curated fitness and wellness programming and an extensive art collection.
- The Londoner (London)—launching April 2021
Set in Leicester Square, The Londoner has been dubbed the world’s first “super boutique hotel.” Offering a multifaceted experience and six subterranean levels, the hotel extends 350 guestrooms, including 35 suites and a tower penthouse with cityscape views, all complete with curated fine artworks. Other highlights include six restaurants and lounges, rooftop bar with a fire pit, underground spa and swimming pool and a two-screen cinema. The hotel is set to be one of the greenest hotels in the U.K. and will be employing pioneering methods of sustainable luxury.
- Casa di Langa (Piedmont, Italy)—launching Spring 2021
Located in northern Italy’s Piedmont region, Casa di Langa is a sustainable luxury retreat that sits next to the vineyard landscapes of Le Langhe, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The 39-room hotel combines traditional Piedmontese design, reflected in the soft, muted colors of the surrounding natural environment, with sustainable practices such as a commitment to carbon neutrality and the use of 100% recycled water for irrigation. Guests can enjoy farm-to-table cuisine with a modern twist at the signature Fàula Ristorante and take advantage of a range of immersive experiences including cooking classes, workshops at the on-property wine academy, truffle hunting and art tours.
Other 2021 openings include:
- Pendry West Hollywood (California) launching January 2021
- Palacio Provincial (Old San Juan, Puerto Rico)—launching January 2021
- Hotel Effie Sandestin (Miramar Beach, FL) launching February 2021
- Esmé Miami Beach Hotel (Florida) launching March 2021
- Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa (Singer Island, FL)—launching April 2021
- Liberty Trust Hotel (Roanoke, VA)—launching Fall 2021
- Pendry Manhattan West (New York)—launching Summer 2021
- Montage Big Sky (Montana)—launching Winter 2021
- Pendry Park City (Utah)—launching Winter 2021
- The Sense Experience Resort (Tuscany, Italy)—launching March 2021
- Villa Dagmar (Stockholm)—launching Spring 2021