NEW YORK—Preferred Hotels & Resorts has welcomed 26 new member hotels across 14 destinations in the past four months, from Jan. 1-April 30 of this year, with the new additions ranging from the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, FL, to the soon-to-open Montage Healdsburg in Sonoma County, CA. Along with sales, marketing, revenue optimization and distribution services, each of these new member hotels now has access to Preferred’s global network of corporate, leisure and group sales professionals and can tap into the benefits of I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the brand’s global points-based loyalty program for independent hotels with 3.5 million travelers currently enrolled for membership.
In addition to welcoming these hotels, Preferred Hotels & Resorts has launched its Freedom development campaign for asset owners and operators that want to stay or become independent, retaining the ability to operate on their own terms in this new environment.
“We are pleased to see more owners and operators turning to Preferred Hotels & Resorts to benefit from our flexible approach, favorable pricing and strong overall brand value,” said Lindsey Ueberroth, CEO of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. “We are delighted to welcome these best-in-class properties to the Preferred network and eagerly await the day when we can welcome our loyal guests back to experience the exemplary hospitality each of them offers, a sentiment best expressed by our latest brand video that was released today.”
“This significant increase to our brand portfolio indicates an impending takeoff in independent hotel affiliations as part of the pandemic rebound. We continue to receive increased interest from both independent hotels and properties currently in franchise contracts that are exploring less restrictive and more valuable options,” said Jonathan Newbury, SVP of strategic development for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. “Preferred Hotels & Resorts continues to position itself as the brand of choice for independent hotels because we offer our member hotels the freedom to compete on their own terms—not just when it’s convenient for us—while inviting them to tap into Preferred’s global reach as a rich complement to their individual efforts.”
Since Jan. 1, the following properties have joined Preferred Hotels & Resorts:
- Biltmore Hotel (Coral Gables, FL)—Since opening in 1926, the 271-room property offers a championship golf course, European spa, Italian dining and Biltmore Culinary Academy Miami offering adult and children’s classes.
- Montage Healdsburg (Healdsburg, CA)—From November, the 258-acre resort, surrounded by Sonoma County’s wineries and restaurants, will offer 130 bungalow-style guestrooms, Montage Spa, hiking trails and vineyard yoga.
- Banyan Tree Tamouda Bay (Fnideq, Morocco)—Located on the northwest coast, the luxury resort has 92 all-pool villas with Andalusian-Moorish design and views out to the Mediterranean. For wellness seekers, Banyan Tree Spa offers customizable treatments.
- The Social House (Nairobi, Kenya)—Following its February launch in the capital city, the 83-room property brings guests and locals together with four bar and restaurant venues and an ever-changing lineup of cultural events, concerts, and pop-up experiences.
- La Villa Haussmann (Paris)—Centrally located with Arc de Triomphe views, the boutique hotel reflects the legacy of architect Baron Georges-Eugène Haussmann. In addition to 43 soundproofed rooms and suites, facilities include a spa, indoor pool, lounge bar and restaurant.
- Brenton Hotel (Newport, RI)
- The Summit Hotel (Cincinnati)
- The Lake House on Canandaigua (Canandaigua, NY)
- Inns of Aurora (Aurora, NY)
- Saranac Waterfront Lodge (Saranac Lake, NY)
- Live Aqua Private Residences Los Cabos (Cabo del Sol, Mexico)
- HS Hotsson Smart Leon Centro Max (Leon, Mexico)
- HS Hotsson Hotel Guadalajara Country Club (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- HS Hotsson Hotel Tampico (Tampico, Mexico)
- Palmaia, The House of AiA (Riviera Maya, Mexico)
- Bluedoors York Luxury Suites (Medellin, Colombia)
- Rancho Santana (Rancho Santana, Nicaragua)
- Middle Eight (London)
- Hayfield Manor (Cork, Ireland)
- Kilkea Castle (Kildare, Ireland)
- Deltapark Vitalresort (Gwatt, Switzerland)
- Pestana Douro, Riverside Hotel & Conference Centre (Porto, Portugal)
- JA Oasis Beach Tower (Dubai)
- Noku Maldives (Noonu Atoll, Maldives)
- Dusit Doha Hotel (Doha, Qatar)
- Dusit Thani Dubai (Dubai)