NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- While there may be some RevPAR gains being made in specific geographic areas, aligning with warm weather and traditional summer travel, all regions across the U.S. continue to suffer heavy YOY RevPAR declines overall.
- Occupancy and ADRs across all rate categories continue to hold flat and/or be slightly positive from their lowest levels.
- From lowest occupancy levels, Promotion/Loyalty Member Rate and OTA continue to show the most positive demand growth patterns of any rate categories.
- While airline tickets purchased continued to make slow and steady progress in most major markets, growth for the total U.S. flattened WoW. However, the timing of that travel is uncertain.
- Hilton.com and IHG.com continue to show positive YOY organic search traffic gains. Expedia continues to display strong WoW gains.
- Group cancellations continue to grow through the rest of 2020.
- Overall, the health of the industry continues to be dependent on the containment of the pandemic, which appears to very uneven by region of the US. Recent scale backs on economic openings in many states imply a more delayed recovery.