Hyatt Hotels Corporation has revealed the continued global growth of its Independent Collection brands, including recent openings and a development pipeline through 2025 across The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JdV by Hyatt brands.
“Each brand in the Independent Collection offers distinct properties that are all unique and feature one-of-a-kind experiences for every occasion with more than 100 properties worldwide across all three brands—from on-site beekeeping and aerial yoga at Rancho Pescadero, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, to embracing local history in Kelso, U.K. at Schloss Roxburghe Golf Hotel, part of the Destination by Hyatt brand,” said Katie Johnson, global brand leader, Independent Collection, Hyatt. “We are excited to continue adding new luxury and lifestyle hotels on an even greater scale globally with openings in new key leisure markets like Mexico.”
Jim Chu, chief growth officer, Hyatt added, “Through our intentional long-term growth strategy and by working closely with owners, Hyatt boasts five years of industry-leading net rooms growth driven by our unique position against the competition. Hyatt is able to better care for luxury and leisure travelers and our award-winning loyalty program, World of Hyatt, has grown 20% in the past 12 months alone, delivering record levels of high-quality revenue to our owners.”
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt planned 2023 and beyond openings:
- NUMU (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico): This 44-room boutique hotel, slated to open in early 2023, will have three on-site dining options and the new room key in Apple Wallet feature, NUMU will mark the first Hyatt property in San Miguel de Allende.
- Grand Hansa Hotel (Helsinki): Slated to open in summer 2023, the Grand Hansa Hotel will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, as the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Finland. The property will have 219 rooms and five suites.
- Noor-Us-Sabah Palace (Bhopal, India): One of Bhopal’s oldest hotels, Noor-Us-Sabah Palace will undergo extensive refurbishment and is slated to debut as a 60-room heritage hotel in 2025.
- Hotel in development (Crans-Montana, Switzerland) The luxurious 41-room boutique hotel is expected to join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt in December 2023. The property is located in Crans Montana in the Swiss Alps
- Hyatt also plans to add its second property as part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt in Tokyo in 2023.
- Kissel Uptown Oakland (Oakland, CA), March
- Hotel La Compañia (Panama City, Panama), April
- Magma Resort Santorini (Santorini, Greece), August
- La Zambra (Málaga, Spain), September
- Fuji Speedway Hotel (Shizuoka, Japan), October
- Grayson Hotel (New York), November
- Rancho Pescadero (Los Cabos, Mexico), November
Destination by Hyatt planned 2023 and beyond openings:
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf (West Palm Beach, FL): Expected to open in Summer 2023, this 18-hole signature golf resort will mark entry of the Destination by Hyatt brand in Florida.
- The Grand Resort Qingchengshan (China): Set to join the Destination by Hyatt brand, this 231-room resort will be situated in the vicinity of two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Mount Qingcheng, one of the ancient cradles of Taoism in China with over 2000 years of history, and the time-honored Dujiangyan a hydro-engineering project built during the Qin Dynasty.
- Austria Haus (Vail, CO), June
- 7Pines Sardinia Resort (Sardinia, Italy), July
Schloss Roxburghe (Kelso, U.K.), November
JdV by Hyatt planned 2023 and beyond openings:
- The Pell (Middletown, RI): Located minutes from Newport and slated to open early 2023, The Pell will mark the first JdV by Hyatt hotel in Rhode Island
- FirstName Bordeaux (Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France): Slated to open early 2023, the hotel will have 147 guestrooms
- FILA HOUSE Shanghai (China): Expected to open in 2024, FILA HOUSE Shanghai will make its mark on the global stage as the inaugural FILA-branded hotel in the world.
- Ronil (Baga, India): Set on 1.6-acres in Baga, India, this JdV by Hyatt hotel will join three other Hyatt hotels in the region: Alila Diwa Goa, Grand Hyatt Goa and Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa. The 125-guestroom hotel will also house two dining outlets and two outdoor pools.
- Hyatt recently announced an exclusive collaboration agreement with Lindner Hotels relating to the Lindner Hotels & Resorts and the me and all hotels brands located in key cities across Germany and other European countries. This collaboration is expected to add more than 30 hotels and add approximately 5,500 rooms to Hyatt’s portfolio. The majority of these hotels will be included within the JdV by Hyatt portfolio, and the hotels are expected to join World of Hyatt in the near future.
- EPISODE Hsinchu (Hsinchu City, Taiwan), November