CHICAGO—Hyatt Hotels Corporation expects to grow its Americas brand portfolio with the expected opening of more than 50 full-service and select-service hotels in 2020 and the addition of more than 140 additional hotels to its pipeline of hotels expected to open by 2022.
This growth is set to fuel Hyatt’s regional brand presence by 33% of its current Americas portfolio. Newly executed deals for properties—under management and franchise agreements—will join 585 Hyatt hotels that are currently open and operating in the Americas.
The Americas region continues to be a top priority for Hyatt and prospective developers due to business demand in several strong regional markets like California, Texas, New York, Canada and Mexico.
“Hyatt remains focused on thoughtfully growing our full-service and select-service portfolio of brands in the Americas region—and growing and running our core hotel business: the development, management and franchising of full-service and select-service hotels, while being best-in-class,” said Pete Sears, Americas group president, Hyatt. “Hyatt’s Americas growth through 2022 further signals incredible strength in our brand among owners, customers and guests across the largest region within Hyatt’s global portfolio.”
Hyatt’s newest brands—Alila, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre and Thompson Hotels—are experiencing strong growth with new openings and executed managed and franchised deals, according the company. The new deals include:
- The 225-room Thompson Washington, DC, which marked the Thompson Hotels brand’s introduction to the nation’s capital on Jan. 8;
- A 130-room Alila hotel in Encinitas, CA, which will mark the Alila brand’s first new-build hotel in the Americas in early 2021;
- The 80-room Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, A Destination Hotel (VA), which will mark the second Quirk Hotel in Virginia, joining Quirk Hotel Richmond in March; and
- A 161-room Joie de Vivre hotel and 226-room hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, CA, later this year
The growth of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House select-service brands remains a strategic priority with more than 100 expected to open across North and South America through 2022.
New openings and executed managed and franchise deals in the Americas, per brand:
- A hotel within the Alila brand, located in Encinitas, CA, 130 guestrooms, Early 2021
- Andaz Palm Springs (CA), 150 guestrooms, later this year
- Andaz Toronto—Yorkville, 160 guestrooms, 2021
- Andaz Turks & Caicos at Grace Bay, 184 guestrooms, 2021
- Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, A Destination Hotel (VA), 80 guestrooms, March
- Wyndhurst Manor & Club, A Destination Hotel (Lenox, MA), 46 guestrooms, May
- The Shay, A Destination Hotel (Culver City, CA), 148 guestrooms, late Summer
- A hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, CA, 226 guestrooms, later this year
- Grand Hyatt Nashville (TN), 591 guestrooms, fall
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman, 351 guestrooms, 2022
- Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria (VA), 124 guestrooms, Jan. 22
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland (OR), 220 guestrooms, Feb.
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Minneapolis, 145 guestrooms, spring
- Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, 163 guestrooms, March
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador (El Salvador), 138 guestrooms, April
- Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale (FL), 238 guestrooms, May
- Hyatt Centric City Center Philadelphia, 332 guestrooms, June
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis (TN), 227 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Austin (TX), 200 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville (TN), 252 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento (CA), 172 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Koreatown Los Angeles, 310 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric SouthPark Charlotte (NC), 175 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Buckhead Atlanta, 218 guestrooms, 2022
- Hyatt Centric Niagara Falls (Ontario, Canada), 364 guestrooms, 2022
- A hotel within the Hyatt Centric brand, located in downtown Los Angeles, 138 guestrooms, 2022
U.S.: More than 40 executed contracts for Hyatt House hotels in key markets, including Scottsdale, AZ; Los Angeles; Sacramento, CA; Denver; Lewes, DE; Tampa, FL; Orlando, FL; Atlanta; Chicago; Louisville, KY; Kansas City, MO; Minneapolis; Harlem, NY; Allentown, PA; Columbus, OH; Portland, OR; Nashville, TN; Houston; and Dallas.
Canada: Six executed contracts for Hyatt House hotels in Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; and Ottawa, Hamilton and Mississauga, Ontario.
U.S.: More than 65 executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in key markets, including Fairbanks, AK.; Flagstaff, AZ.; Fayetteville, AR.; Bakersfield, Paso Robles and Sonoma, CA; Titusville, FL; Chicago; Indianapolis; Des Moines, IA; Wichita, KS.; Bossier City, LA; Boston; Reno, NV; Fort Lee and Newark, NJ; Albany, NY; Winston Salem, NC; Philadelphia; Sioux Falls, SD; Murfreesboro, TN; Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and McAllen, TX; Harrisonburg and Virginia Beach, VA; and Vancouver, WA.
Canada: Fourteen executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in Kelowna and Prince George and Richmond, British Columbia; Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Moncton, New Brunswick; Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, Brampton, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
Latin America: One executed contract for Hyatt Place San Jose Cariari located in Heredia, Costa Rica.
- Hyatt Regency Frisco (TX), 301 guestrooms, spring
- Hyatt Regency Insurgentes Mexico City, 250 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls (Ontario, Canada), 703 guestrooms, 2022
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City, 700 guestrooms, 2022
Joie de Vivre
- The Ambassador Chicago, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, 285 guestrooms, February
- El Capitan, a Joie de Vivre Hotel (Merced, Calif.), 114 guestrooms, summer
- A hotel within the Joie de Vivre brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 161 guestrooms, later this year
- Miraval Berkshires (NY), 102 guestrooms, May
- Park Hyatt Toronto* (Ontario, Canada), 219 guestrooms, October
*Reopening after property redesign
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza, 184 guestrooms, 2021
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos (Mexico), 163 guestrooms, 2021
- Park Hyatt Mexico City (Mexico), 155 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Washington, DC, 225 guestrooms, Jan. 8,
- Thompson San Antonio, 162 guestrooms, late summer
- Thompson Dallas, 219 guestrooms, fall
- Thompson Hollywood (CA) 190 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Austin (TX), 200 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Denver, 220 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Savannah (GA), 193 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson New York—Central Park*, 2021
*Rebrand from Parker New York
- Thompson South Beach (Miami), 150 guestrooms, 2022
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- Mar Monte* (Santa Barbara, CA), 200 guestrooms, spring
*Rebrand from Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Kansas City, MO, 144 guestrooms, Summer 2020
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Hollywood, CA, 64 guestrooms, 2021
- Hotel La Compañia (Panama City, Panama), 88 guestrooms, 2021