BREVARD COUNTY, FL—Hampton Inn, Home2 Suites, Hyatt Place, SpringHill Suites and Extended Stay America have all opened up properties on Florida’s Space Coast in 2020.
Home2 Suites by Hilton has opened up three properties, Hyatt Place has opened two, and Extended Stay has opened one with another opening up later in the year. Hampton Inn and SpringHill Suites have each opened one property. That’s nine new properties representing 1,044 new hotel rooms in 2020, bringing the total hotel rooms in Brevard County up to 10,275 rooms, an 11.3% increase.
“The addition of new hotel inventory is always an exciting prospect for a community, but to add nine properties in one year is unprecedented for us,” said Peter Cranis, executive director, Space Coast Office of Tourism. “It is a real testament to the resilience of our economy, even in the face of COVID. These new properties will provide safe, family-oriented options to stay up and down the Space Coast. We think we have exactly what families want right now, which is wide-open spaces and plenty of beach for all.”
Among the properties:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral Cruise Port is now open in Cape Canaveral, FL. The hotel has 116 rooms, an outdoor pool, fitness center, business center and 1,115 sq. ft. of event space. Additionally, the property is less than a mile away from Exploration Tower and three cruise terminals are within four miles.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral Cruise Port is now open in Cape Canaveral, FL. The hotel has 108 rooms, an outdoor pool, fitness center, business center and meeting rooms. The property is close to Port Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Palm Bay I-95 is now open in Palm Bay, FL. The property has 87 rooms, an outdoor pool and fitness center. It’s close to Hammock Landing shopping center, Orlando Melbourne International Airport and Melbourne Beach.
- Hyatt Place Titusville Kennedy Space Center is now open in Titusville, FL. The hotel has 110 rooms, including eight suites. In addition, there are “launch view” rooms, a business center, 2,036 sq. ft. of meeting and event space and a pool. The hotel is close to Kennedy Space Center, Space View Park, downtown Titusville, Titusville’s museums and Playhouse, Playalinda Beach and Cocoa Beach.
- Hyatt Place Melbourne Palm Bay is now open in Palm Bay, FL. The hotel has 119 rooms including six suites, 1,606 sq. ft. of meeting and event space, and an outdoor pool. It’s close to Hammock Landing shopping center, the Orlando Melbourne International Airport and Melbourne Beach.
- SpringHill Suites Cape Canaveral is now open in Cape Canaveral, FL, with 151 rooms, 914 sq. ft. of meeting space, a pool, bar, fitness center, business center and on-site restaurant. The property is close to Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Melbourne Viera in Melbourne, FL, is scheduled to open in November with 118 rooms, an indoor, sustainable and eco-friendly saltwater pool, a fitness center, business center and on-site restaurant. The property is close to The Avenue Viera mall, USSA Space Coast Stadium, Duran Golf Club and Cocoa Village.
- Extended Stay America Titusville in Titusville, FL, is now open with 124 rooms and a fitness center. The property is close to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and downtown Titusville.
- Extended Stay America Palm Bay Road in West Melbourne, FL, is scheduled to open in late 2020 with 124 rooms. The property will be proximate to Melbourne Square Mall and Andretti Thrill Park.