MCLEAN, VA—Hilton’s full-service Collection brands—Curio Collection by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton—opened 40 hotels last year. In 2020, the brands’ development goals feature notable milestones, including Curio Collection’s 100th hotel opening and Tapestry Collection’s debut in Europe.
“Today, Curio Collection and Tapestry Collection offer travelers distinctive experiences at more than 100 hotels worldwide—from enjoying locally sourced seafood from the surrounding ocean waters as part of the Dock to Dish program at Baker’s Cay Resort Key Largo, to admiring the original chocolate factory design at The Wilbur Lititz near historic Hershey, PA,” said Jenna Hackett, global head, Hilton’s Collection brands. “Hilton’s Collection brands promise our guests an enriching travel experience. Through the introduction of unique hotels to our growing global portfolio, we can maintain that promise on an even greater scale with anticipated openings in destinations like Lisbon, Paris and Madrid.”
In the year ahead, Curio Collection and Tapestry Collection are expected to welcome the following hotels:
Curio Collection Openings
- The Emerald House Lisbon, Curio Collection by Hilton (Q3 2020): The Emerald House Lisbon is undergoing a multimillion-dollar renovation and will be situated close to the historical districts of Chiado and Baixa, which is known for its vibrant restaurant scene, boutique shops and local culture. The hotel will have 67 guestrooms, a fitness center, restaurant and bar for guests and local residents to enjoy.
- Navy Pier Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton (Q3 2020): As Curio Collection’s second property in Chicago and the first hotel on Navy Pier, Navy Pier Chicago’s 222 guestrooms will include floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase views of the city’s famed skyline, Lake Michigan and the Pier. Guests will also enjoy a high-energy first-floor restaurant, a fitness center and a 30,000-sq.-ft. rooftop restaurant, bar and event space.
- The Fellows House Cambridge, Curio Collection by Hilton (Q3 2020): The Fellows House Cambridge embraces Cambridge’s heritage as home to one of the U.K.’s most prestigious universities. Everything from the hotel’s interiors to its name pays tasteful tribute to the great minds who have graced the city through the centuries. Filled with poetry, scientific drawings and famous quotations, the hotel will offer guests a place to truly stay, eat and drink in the style and culture of the city.
Tapestry Collection Openings
- Atocha Hotel Madrid, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (Q1 2020): The first Tapestry Collection hotel to open in Spain, Atocha Hotel Madrid will introduce the Tapestry Collection experience to Madrid locals and visitors alike. The 46-room hotel on Calle Atocha is near Madrid Atocha railway station, the busiest in Spain, and is within walking distance of popular tourist attractions, including the Golden Triangle of Art museums; Puerto del Sol, which contains the famous city square clock; and Plaza Mayor, with grand Spanish architecture.
- Le Belgrand Hotel Paris Champs Elysees, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (Q1 2020): As the first Tapestry Collection hotel in France, Le Belgrand Hotel Paris Champs Elysees is undergoing a significant renovation designed to create a unique ambiance and reflect the building’s heritage. Original artwork has been exclusively curated for the hotel and placed in all rooms and public areas showcasing well-known French artists.
- Bermudiana Beach Resort, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (Q4 2020): Situated on a cliff overlooking the pink-sand beach and turquoise waters, Bermudiana Beach Resort will welcome guests to 90 fully furnished hotel residences. As the first Hilton property in Bermuda, the resort will offer an array of amenities including a family-friendly swimming pool and infinity pool, a spa, a secluded beach and a terrace with its signature restaurant, bar and ocean views.
Together, Curio Collection and Tapestry Collection have more than 120 properties in their pipelines.