ROCKVILLE, MD—Clarion Pointe, franchised by Choice Hotels International Inc., celebrates its one-year launch anniversary with new hotel openings.
Following its inaugural opening in Sulphur Springs, TX, Clarion Pointe recently expanded to two new locations:
- Clarion Pointe Horn Lake: The three-floor, 60-room Horn Lake, Mississippi hotel is a short drive from the city of Memphis and close to destinations that appeal to both business and leisure travelers, including the Memphis Zoo and the Memphis Cook Convention Center.
- Clarion Pointe Rochester Monroe Avenue: The two-floor, 43-room Clarion Pointe hotel in Rochester, NY, is a short drive from the Greater Rochester International Airport, the University of Rochester and the Seneca Park Zoo.
“Clarion Pointe knocked it out of the park in its first year, and we couldn’t be more excited for what’s to come,” said Megan Brumagim, VP, brand management, design and compliance, Choice Hotels. “The brand’s debut hotel has exceeded expectations with stellar guest satisfaction ratings. With even more hotels expected to open by year-end, Clarion Pointe is clearly resonating with developers. We anticipate interest continuing to rise as we build on our track record of leadership and innovation in the midscale segment.”
Choice has awarded over 20 Clarion Pointe franchise agreements year-to-date, bringing the brand’s pipeline to more than 40 hotels under development in cities like Louisville, KY; Charleston, SC; and Salt Lake City. Sixteen Clarion Pointe hotels are expected to open by year-end in markets such as Columbus, GA; Wake Forest, NC; Madison, AL; Huntsville, AL; Gatlinburg, TN; and Louisville, KY.
“Developers want to open Clarion Pointe hotels in major markets, a sign that the brand’s first year is just the start of its success,” said Tom Nee, VP, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “Clarion Pointe is ideal for franchise owners who want a modern hotel concept that resonates with today’s travelers, with the support of a company with proven experience—and Choice is an ideal fit.”
Clarion Pointe properties offer the following:
- Contemporary design touches that guests will want to share with friends, like signature murals inspired by local points of interest
- Thoughtful food and beverage, starting with a complimentary better-for-you breakfast and premium-branded coffee, all the way through small bites, craft beer and select wine available for purchase in the marketplace
- Technology with on-demand connectivity to work or chill out, including 49-in. TVs with casting capabilities and free, streaming-strength WiFi
- Dedicated modern workout space featuring all the essentials, like cardio equipment and a strength-training station