Cambria Hotels, part of the Choice Hotels International Inc. family of brands, has opened the Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown.
The new 154-room hotel, developed by Koucar Management, marks the latest in a series of recent city center locations the brand has debuted in, including Austin; Minneapolis; Portland, ME; and Savannah.
Located in Detroit’s central business district, the hotel is an adaptive-reuse of The Walker-Roehrig Building—architecturally anchored in the city’s Art Deco period. The property is near the corporate offices for Ally Finance, Quicken Loans, Ford Motor Company and General Motors, along with the Michigan Department of Transportation, Wayne State University and the University of Detroit. Also close by are the Detroit Opera House, the Ford Field football stadium, Comerica Park baseball stadium and Little Caesar’s Arena.
“While best known for its automotive tradition, the Motor City is home to a wonderful breadth of industries—from engineering and healthcare to finance and technology—and Detroit’s newest downtown hotel perfectly situates guests at this intersection of commerce and culture,” said Janis Cannon, SVP, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “The Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown combines Motown’s rich history of innovation, ambition and talent with stylish design and tailored amenities, and we look forward to serving as the homebase for the millions of creators and modern travelers who visit the city annually.”
Amenities for the property:
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces, including the Beve Detroit lobby bar and Cielo Detroit Rooftop Bar, which will open this summer
- Locally inspired design and décor, reflecting Detroit’s Art Deco period
- Guestrooms with design-forward fixtures, abundant lighting and plush bedding
- Spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors
- On-site dining at Detroit Taco and Cibo Detroit Restaurant, as well as to-go options
- More than 18,000 sq. ft. of multifunction meeting and event spaces
- Fitness center
- Self-serve lobby marketplace
- Five Iron Golf will open this summer