NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- Despite optimism in the market at the beginning of July, hotel demand continues to remain relatively flat week:week through the close of the month.
- Group cancellations are growing throughout Q4, while pickup remains light.
- Hotel closures flattened throughout July relative to the more aggressive downward trend of closures seen in June.
- Search traffic on selected major sites also reflects a leveling off of enthusiasm and demand throughout the month of July.
- Airline ticket purchases also reflect flattening demand across all U.S. markets.