Hyatt Vacation Ownership is introducing a newly rebranded program called the Platinum Program that includes expanded vacation benefits and a collection of upscale resorts. The refreshed owner program is designed to enable travelers to enjoy a collection of independent resorts and access other vacation accommodations and benefits through the World of Hyatt loyalty program, according to the company.
“The last several years have shown us that a good vacation is exactly the therapy humans need to live and thrive in our modern world,” said Stephanie Sobeck Butera, SVP/COO, Hyatt Vacation Ownership. “We celebrate the power of vacations and are excited to offer another distinctive Vacation Ownership program for those who love to vacation and want it to be an ongoing part of their lives.”
The upscale resorts (formerly Welk Resorts) in the Platinum Program portfolio are in vacation destinations including California; Colorado; Missouri; New Mexico; and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Each resort has a unique set of amenities and special touches that are designed to make the vacation experience even more meaningful, which is core to the Hyatt Vacation Club experience, the company reports. In addition, the INSPIRED For You activities program, a set of customized activities at each resort, includes curated tours, kayak adventures, hikes, escape room experiences and more.
The resort collection available as part of the Platinum Program:
- The Welk, San Diego area: The Welk in Escondido, once the personal vacation place for Lawrence Welk and his family, is now a 714-villa resort.
- One Village Place, Lake Tahoe, CA: With 21 luxury vacation villas, One Village Place features a private entrance to the Northstar California Truckee Ski Resort’s Big Springs Express gondola.
- Northstar Lodge, Lake Tahoe, CA: Northstar Lodge is an all-season, ski-in, ski-out luxury mountain lodge with 104 vacation villas in Lake Tahoe’s Northstar Village.
- Desert Oasis, Palm Springs area, CA: Desert Oasis is a 162-room Palm Springs resort located in Cathedral City.
- The Ranahan, Breckenridge, CO: Located on the Blue River, The Ranahan is a ranch-inspired resort with 67 vacation villas.
- The Lodges at Timber Ridge, Branson, MO: Featuring a 10,000-sq.-ft. indoor waterpark and live-theater entertainment, The Lodges at Timber Ridge (pictured above) has 159 vacation villas for a retreat in the Ozarks.
- El Corazon de Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM: This high-end community in the heart of Santa Fe features 16 vacation villas. This resort is not currently available for transient rental on Hyatt.com or a participant in the World of Hyatt loyalty program.
- Sirena del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: This seven-acre Cabo San Lucas resort is perched atop the cliffs at the tip of the Baja peninsula with views of the Sea of Cortez.