NEW YORK—Real estate investment and hospitality management company Highgate has acquired Heavlin Management Company LLC (HMC), a hotel management company with more than 30 years of operating experience, headquartered in Chandler, AZ.
HMC oversees nine branded properties throughout Arizona and two independent properties in Alaska. Under the terms of the purchase, Highgate will assume management of all properties in HMC’s portfolio.
The properties in the acquired portfolio include the following:
- Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, Arizona
- Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix South Mountain, Arizona
- Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale Riverwalk, Arizona
- Hilton Phoenix Airport, Arizona
- Hilton Tucson East, Arizona
- Holiday Inn & Suites Hotel Phoenix Airport North, Arizona
- Holiday Inn Phoenix Chandler, Arizona
- Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, Arizona
- DoubleTree Tucson (opening December 2020), Arizona
- Edgewater Inn Restaurant and Marina, Alaska
- Salmon Falls Resort, Alaska
“As the leader in third-party management in urban markets, Highgate’s growth strategy has been to selectively enter new markets and scale in those markets in a quick and deliberate fashion, which allows us to drive efficiencies and attract talent,” said Richard Russo, SVP of acquisitions and development, Highgate. “The acquisition of HMC allows Highgate to purchase a best-in-class operator, and immediately be among the largest operators in one of the fastest growing markets in the country. Highgate will continue to purchase or partner with like-minded operating companies that allow us to expand into new markets or segments while maintaining the individual cultures that have made these companies so successful.”
Founded by CEO Frank Heavlin, HMC has owned and operated the sizable Arizona portfolio of hotels in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tucson. Additionally, HMC owned and operated two hotels in Alaska. Frank Heavlin will continue to work with Highgate to help grow the platform going forward.
“When deciding who to pass along the company that my wife and I have spent many years building, we sought out Highgate given its outstanding reputation in the industry and its willingness to embrace and expand on the culture that we have built,” said Heavlin. “We couldn’t be more excited for the employees and partners of Heavlin as they embark on their future with Highgate.”