The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) has welcomed several new members and partner organizations, continuing to grow the association’s reach at a critical time for the hotel industry. New members include Arbor Lodging, Golder Hospitality, KMG Hotels and Noble House Hotels & Resorts.
The new members and partners join a membership roster that surpasses 30,000 members this year and includes 80% of all franchised hotels and the 10 largest hotel companies in the U.S. In addition to hoteliers, AHLA membership includes its partner state associations, industry vendors and suppliers, hospitality students and those who teach and mentor them.
Joining as Silver Partners are JLL, LAZ Parking and O’Connor & Associates. Silver Partners are part of AHLA’s tiered Premier Partner Program.
“The support of these partners is critical to our collective success, and we are excited to welcome new members and partner organizations to the AHLA family,” said Chip Rogers, president/CEO, AHLA. “As the singular voice representing the lodging industry, our work is more important than ever, and we could not do it without our members and industry partners. They help ensure AHLA is effectively representing hotels and their employees with one unified voice, both in Washington and in state capitols and city halls across the country.”
New AHLA members:
- KMG Hotels, a leading owner in the Midwest, owns and operates eleven national hotels, representing various franchises, including Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, InterContinental Hotels Group and Choice Hotels International.
- Arbor Lodging Partners is a national debt and equity investor in the hospitality industry based in Chicago that has built a strong track record of identifying and capitalizing on lodging investment opportunities that create exceptional value.
- Golder Hospitality is a full-service hotel management, development and consulting group fluent in each area of hotel operations, with a focus on providing the right tools and supplies, meaningful training and clear communication for their team members.
- Noble House Hotels & Resorts provides hospitality experiences defined by location, distinction and soul. Each property is designed to stand on its own merits. The unifying thread that connects each and every hotel is not the architecture or the amenities, but the people—and the local culture— that make up Noble House Hotels & Resorts.
The AHLA Premier Partner Program offers industry suppliers and service providers high-value opportunities to engage directly with AHLA members at an executive level and increase brand visibility. The Premier Partner Program New Premier Partners:
- JLL Hotels & Hospitality Group (led by CEO Gilda Perez-Alvarado) has completed more transactions than any other hotels and hospitality real estate advisor over the last five years, totaling $83 billion worldwide. The group’s 350-strong global team in more than 20 countries also closed more than 7,350 advisory, valuation and asset management assignments. Their hotel valuation, brokerage, asset management and consultancy services have helped more hotel investors, owners and operators achieve high returns on their assets than any other real estate advisor in the world.
- LAZ Parking was founded in 1981 by three childhood friends. Fueled by a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, LAZ has become the largest and fastest-growing privately owned parking operator in the country—but their biggest success has been developing and upholding a culture that prioritizes people over profits. LAZ maintains a dedicated Hospitality Services leadership team that focuses solely on hotel operations, including valet, bell, door and newly added banquet services.
- O’Connor & Associates is the largest property tax consulting firm (based on 200,000-plus property appeals each year) in the U.S. Hotel valuation is unique; the intangible value of a hotel’s flag is exempt from ad valorem taxation in all 50 states but calculating intangible value is the most challenging task for tax assessors and tax consultants.